We produce graduates that will confidently navigate life by demonstrating independence, resilience, leadership and perseverance in the face of life’s challenges while excelling and graduating from the top colleges and universities in the nation.
The Step-by-Step Guide to Applying to College
- Complete the FAFSA
- Fill Out the Common App
- Write a Standout College Essay
- Ask for Recommendation Letters
- Learn the Ins and Outs of Financial Aid
- Decipher College Tuition Costs
- Find Scholarships to Pay for College
Steps in the Financial Aid Process
- Create a Pin: Apply for a pin to electronically sign your FAFSA. (Parents and Students should create Pins!)
- Fill out the FAFSA: This can be found online at studentaid.gov.
- Send in your Application: Complete and file the form at studentaid.gov.
Student Aid Report: Approximately four weeks after you submit your FAFSA you will receive a list of all of the information you entered on the FAFSA. If you find any errors you need to correct and return them.
The College takes the SAR and based on cost of education, it creates a financial award letter that lists the aid the college will award the student. The difference between the cost and award given is the expected family contribution towards the cost of education. The college will send the award letter to the student sometime in April or May.
- Scholarship Database
- College Board Scholarship Search
- Going Merry Scholarship
- University HQ Scholarship
- Scholarship Guidance
- Chi Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity
- Central Jersey Alumnae of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
- College Express
- Shawn Carter SF
- Senior Care
- NAUW Plainfield-Brunswick
- DELTA SIGMA THETA SORORITY
- Varsity Tutors
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity
- Student Scholarships
- College Covered