At College Achieve, we believe all of our students are college material. We believe your child should have every opportunity to become a college graduate, and we will prepare them for the rigors of college. Why is this important?
The odds of having a good job are better with a college degree.
College graduates make more money, have dramatically higher rates of employment, and have a greater say in their career choices.
More time in school = More learning
According to the National Center on Educational Statistics, the average school year in New Jersey (and nationally) is composed of 6.6 hour days, 33 hours weeks, and 1,201 hours of instruction for the entire year.
At College Achieve Central, the average day will be 8 hours long Monday – Thursday, and 6 hours on Friday for a 38 hour school week, and 1,368 hours a year. This amounts to over 6 weeks of additional instruction or nearly 30 additional school days. In addition to the 1,368 hours of instruction per year during the regular school day, College Achieve Central will also provide after school programs and other educational programs, such as summer education. These supplemental programs provide additional instructional hours, possibly well over 175 hours. These instructional hours can surpass an astonishing 1,500 hours a year.
Rigorous hiring process leads to better teachers.
The secret to a great school is to ensure a great teacher in every classroom. College Achieve believes, “you are who you hire.” College Achieve plans to hire great teachers who have a proven track record of success in the classroom. New teachers must first serve an apprenticeship before getting their own classroom. In some classrooms, there will be two certified classroom teachers – proven teacher and an apprentice teacher.
Our leadership has a proven track record of success.
Founder Michael Piscal has a track record of starting and operating high performing schools.
CAPS is public and tuition-free!
College Achieve Central Charter School is a public school. It is free to attend, and should there be a waiting list, admission will be through a lottery process.
We have beautiful campuses.
- College Achieve has 2 campuses in Plainfield; Emerson Avenue and South Avenue. Our Emerson campus is located on the grounds of the former St. Bernard’s Elementary School. The South campus is located only 5 minutes away walking distance in the heart of Plainfield’s revitalization initiative. We have 1 campus in North Plainfield, Westervelt Campus just 10 minutes away driving distance from our Plainfield campuses. The Westervelt campus has undergone a multi million dollar renovation and expansion for our high school.
We have incredible summer & International programs.
We duplicated the incredible programs Mike Piscal pioneered at ICEF Public Schools such as International Travel Programs for Music, Rugby, and our SOAL Program (Summer Of A Lifetime).
- Our Music Program has travelled to Spain, Cuba, and Brazil.
- The Rugby Teams (Girls and Boys Teams) travelled to China, England, France, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and South Africa.
- The SOAL Program has sent students to Georgetown, Princeton, Oxford, Cambridge, Sorbonne (Paris, France), West Point, and the Coast Guard Academy. We also have sent students to programs in Costa Rica, Italy, Japan, Mexico, and Nicaragua.
Students from charter schools previously founded and operated by Michael Piscal have graduated from top colleges and universities.
- Howard University University of California at Berkeley
- Bowdoin College
- Loyola Marymount University of California Irvine
- Brown University
- Carnegie Mellon
- New York University University of Pennsylvania
- Dartmouth College
- University of Wisconsin
- Spelman College
- Duke University
- Stanford University